MSA Altair 5x PID (Photo Ionization Detector) Gas Meter Kit
The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously and is now available with integrated PID sensor for VOC detection.
Ga. Sales OnlyDriven by advanced MSA XCell? Sensor Technology, the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector delivers faster response time, better stability, accuracy, longer service life, and cost savings over the life of the instrument.
PIDs effectively detect and monitor for numerous hazardous substances, providing maximum benefit and safety to users. While many hazardous gas detection methods are available, photoionization detectors offer the combination of speed of response, ease of use and maintenance, small size, and ability to detect low levels, including most volatile organic compounds (voCs).
Kit 1 includes: 10.6 Volt PID, Combustible, Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide, and Hydrogen Sulfide Sensor Configuration, Color Display, Internal Sample Pump, Rechargeable Battery Pack, 110 Volt AC Power Supply, Datalogging, Calibration Tubing, and Operation Manual.
Kit 2 includes: 10.6 Volt PID, Combustible, Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide, and Hydrogen Sulfide Sensor Configuration, Color Display, Internal Sample Pump, 1' Clear Sample Probe, 10' Sample Hose, Rechargeable Battery Pack, 110 Volt AC Power Supply, Datalogging, Calibration Cap with Tubing, and Operation Manual.
- The ALTAIR 5X Detector allows for an industry-first LEL,O2, CO, H2S, and SO2 60-second span calibration and 10-second bump test time
- Streamline your processes by eliminating a second and calibration step for the SO2 sensor - spend less money on calibration gas for the most common 5-gas configuration in the market
- The ALTAIR 5X Detector is equipped with an internal integral pump - save on spare parts and external components by having an integrated pump that is easier to service; make your workers? jobs easier with a more durable and easy-to-use solution for remote monitoring
- The ALTAIR 5X Detector is powered by the fast MSA XCell? Sensor family including the introduction of 3 new sensors for typical cost savings of over 50% on calibration gas, replacement sensors, and maintenance
- The ALTAIR 5X Detector provides an industry-exclusive end-of-sensor-life-warning; use this early warning feature to save money and aggravation by reducing Instrument downtime and sensor inventory
- The ALTAIR 5X Detector is durable, providing industry-leading impact resistance so can rely it to perform within tough industrial environMen's without worrying about breaking a ?delicate? instrument
- Detects combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine, VOCs, and many others depending upon sensor configuration.
- Rugged overmolded polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including ability to survive 10-ft. (3m) drop; IP65-certified.
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow, eliminating concerns of externally-attached components.
- High performance XCell Sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than 4 years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, SO2, CO/NO2 and CO (high concentration) sensors.
- Typical life greater than 3 years for NH3 and Cl2 sensors.
- Most sensor response and clear times <15 seconds.
- Less calibration gas used:
- Requires about half of test gas typically used for calibration and bump tests.
- Rapid bump test gives results in less than 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- MotionAlert feature option tells others that user has become immobile.
- InstantAlert feature provides manual alarm to alert others as to a potentially hazardous situation.
- PID option allows for accurate, reliable VOC response with programmable reference factors.
- Large buttons and bright display provide easy operation, even when users wear gloves.
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions users when unit's sensor nears end-of-life.
- Versatile MSA Link? Software allows users to transmit data to a computer.
- Compatible with GALAXY? GX2 Test System and MSA Link Pro Software for fleet management.
- Wireless bluetooth included standard.
Built on Durability
The ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector for LEL, O2, and toxic gas detection is as tough and functional as it looks. A rugged polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 10-foot drop. Inside, a field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow without the problems of externally-attached components. Ergonomic design, glove-friendly buttons, and high-contrast display make the ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector easy to use in all applications.
Powered by Performance
Toughness and durability aren?t the whole story. The real strength of the ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector comes from new sensor technology. MSA XCell Sensors have a typical life of more than double the industry average, and are engineered using MSA?s proprietary application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design. By miniaturizing the sensors? controlling electronics and placing them inside the sensor itself, MSA XCell Sensors offer superior stability, accuracy, and repeatability. MSA XCell Sensors are a breakthrough in chemical and mechanical sensor design, enabling faster response and span calibration times. With less time spent on calibration and bump tests, you save calibration gas, maintenance costs, and in turn, save money. But most importantly, in your industry, saving seconds on response time can also mean saving lives. In addition to MSA XCell Sensors, the ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector can also be equipped with our wide variety of IR sensors covering many gases and ranges including CO2.
Count on the ALTAIR 5X Detector
Exclusive MotionAlert? and InstantAlert? features make the ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector ideal for applications such as confined space monitoring. MotionAlert feature activates when a user becomes disabled and motionless, quickly alerting others to the disabled user?s location. And with a simple push of a button, InstantAlert feature enables users to manually alert others to potentially hazardous situations.
Flexibility to Meet Your Demands
MSA?s ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector provides many options to fit various applications. The detector is configurable with either a high-resolution color or monochrome LCD display with multilingual capabilities. MSA?s Logo Express? Service option is available to customize the color display. The detector is easily configurable with interchangeable plug-and-play sensor slots for MSA XCell
Sensors. Up to six gases can be monitored simultaneously. Furthermore, this multigas detector offers optional glow-in-the-dark instrument housing for IR sensor-equipped units. The ALTAIR 5x Multigas Detector?s lithium-ion battery lasts up to 20 hours, allowing it to be used over multiple shifts. An alkaline battery pack is also available as an accessory. MSA?s ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector is fully compatible with the MSA GALAXY? Automated Test System and MSA Link? Software.
Revolutionizing Sensor Technology
- Industry-first 60-second span calibration time for LEL, O2, CO, H2S, and SO2
- 5 Sensor response and clear times in under 15 seconds on LEL, O2, CO, H2S, and SO2 ? 50% faster than industry average
- Typical cost savings of over 50% on calibration gas, replacement sensors, and maintenance
- Greater signal stability and repeatability under changing or extreme environmental conditions
- Four-year sensor life on LEL, O2, CO, H2S, SO2, and IR sensors ? 60% longer than industry average
- Three-year sensor life on NH3 and Cl2
- MSA-exclusive instrument end-of-sensor-life warning
- MSA-exclusive MotionAlert? & InstantAlert? features
- 40% less calibration gas used per minute than industry average
- Only instrument in its class with internally-integrated pump
- Full three-year warranty on LEL, O2, H2S, CO, SO2, and IR sensors
- Rugged housing
- Withstands 10-foot drop test
- Easy to operate
Current stock: 0SKU: 10165445