Leatherhead Tools 36" Pick Head Axe with Fiberglass Handle
Better purchase. And a cut above. 100% American made.American Steel. For the edge you need. Leatherhead makes its own axe heads from top grade, 100% American made high-carbon steel that?s formulated and drop forged to sharpen easily and hold its edge longer. These excellent pick head axes are designed by active firefighters to deliver a secure purchase, maximum cutting power, and long service life?under the toughest conditions imaginable. Every inch, every ounce, of these professional grade axes was made in the U.S.A. by Leatherhead Tools?with the American firefighter firmly in mind. Ideal for ventilation, forcible entry, or overhaul, these are tools that you?ll want to carry?and keep?for many years of hard use.
- These rugged 36" firefighting axes are perfect for ventilation, forcible entry, or overhaul
- Pick Axe heads are available in either 6lb. or 8lb. weight.
- Axe heads are drop forged of high carbon steel and bonded to the fiberglass handle with strong two part epoxy
- Hi-Viz handles are constructed of solid pultruded Hi-Viz Orange or Lime fiberglass with a heavy duty polyurethane strike guard and non-slip rubber grip end
- Yellow fawn?s foot handle is constructed of a strong, pultruded fiberglass core with an injection molded, textured polyurethane jacket for added strength and a secure grip
Hi-Viz fiberglass handles. Made to use?and not lose. Leatherhead Axes are not only efficient cutting tools, they?re made to be seen under the most difficult conditions. Their Hi-Viz fluorescent fiberglass axe handles give excellent strength and control, plus unsurpassed visibility, with less weight. The solid, linear layered fiberglass shaft has a very controllable flattened cross section that?s easy to swing, and far tougher than traditional wooden handles. The grippy rubber handle provides both shock absorption and an exceptionally firm grip, wet or dry, hot or cold? even when your gloves are wet. And its brilliant colors can?t wear off, because the pigment is molded right into the fiberglass as the handles are pultruded in Leatherhead Tools? own manufacturing facility in Rockford, Illinois. Reflective bands beneath the polypropylene handle guard make them quickly visible under a flashlight beam, even when it?s completely dark.
Prefer a traditional handle? These aren?t just brighter, they?re better. Leatherhead also offers their fire axes with a bright yellow fawn?s foot handle that offers the familiar feel and positive orientation of a wooden axe handle, but without the higher chance of its breaking or burning. A bright yellow, textured polyurethane is molded over a solid fiberglass core to provide a traditionally-shaped handle that?s virtually unbreakable and highly visible. Its stippled surface assures a firm grip, even in gloved hands.
Choose Pick Axe with 6lb. or 8lb. head; and a handle in HiViz Lime, HiViz Orange, or Standard Yellow.
Current stock: 0SKU: PA*-*