Leatherhead Tools 24" Hall Sledge with Fiberglass Handle
?Short-handled High Carbon Steel sledges, deliver crashing power with a compact swing.Leatherhead makes its sledges from top grade, 100% American made high-carbon steel that?s formulated and forged to hold its shape, impact after crushing impact. These shorter, lighter sledges are designed by active firefighters to deliver maximum impact in confined spaces that would hamper the use of a full size sledge. Every inch, every ounce, was made in the U.S.A. by Leatherhead Tools?with the American firefighter firmly in mind. Ideal for ventilation, forcible entry, or overhaul, these are tools that you?ll want to carry?and keep?for many years of hard use.
- These rugged, compact sledges are ideal for ventilation, forcible entry or overhaul in hallways, attics, and other small areas where restricted space prevents efficient use of a full-size sledge.
- Sledge heads are drop forged of high carbon steel and bonded to the fiberglass handle with strong two part epoxy
- Hall Sledges are available in 6 or 8 lb. weights.
- 24? Hi-Viz handles are constructed of solid pultruded Hi-Viz Orange or Lime fiberglass with a heavy duty polyurethane strike guard and non-slip rubber grip end
- Yellow fawn?s foot handle is constructed of a strong, pultruded fiberglass core with an injection molded, textured polyurethane jacket for added strength and a secure grip
- Fiberglass handles won?t splinter like wood and do not weaken with age
- Also available with a Halligan Marrying Bracket
Hi-Viz fiberglass handles. Made to use?and not lose. Leatherhead Sledges are not only efficient tools, they?re made to be seen under the most difficult conditions. Their Hi-Viz fluorescent fiberglass handles give excellent strength and control, plus unsurpassed visibility, with less weight. The solid, linear layered fiberglass shaft has a very controllable flattened cross section that?s easy to swing, and far tougher than traditional wooden handles. They won?t splinter like wood, or weaken with age and continued use. The grippy rubber handle provides both shock absorption and an exceptionally firm grip, wet or dry, hot or cold. Even when your gloves are wet. And its brilliant colors can?t wear off, because the pigment is molded right into the fiberglass as the handles are pultruded in Leatherhead Tools? own manufacturing facility in Rockford, Illinois. Reflective bands beneath the polypropylene handle guard make them quickly visible under a flashlight beam, even when it?s completely dark.
Prefer a traditional handle? These aren?t just brighter, they?re better. Leatherhead also offers their sledges with a bright yellow fawn?s foot handle that offers the familiar feel and positive orientation of a wooden handle, but without the higher chance of its breaking or burning. A bright yellow, textured polyurethane is molded over a solid fiberglass core to provide a traditionally-shaped grip that?s virtually, unbreakable, and highly visible. Plus its stippled surface assures a firm grip, even in gloved hands.
Choose Hallway Sledge with 6 or 8 lb. head; and a 24? fiberglass handle in HiViz Lime, HiViz, Orange, or Standard Yellow; with or without a Halligan Marrying Bracket.
Current stock: 0SKU: SL*-*-24